Bicester Local History Society is keen to encourage members and friends of the Society to undertake a range of local history projects that will enhance our knowledge of Bicester and the surrounding area.
We have a number of projects that are either ongoing, planned for the future or possibly just pipe dreams! Volunteers are currently engaged in a variety of tasks that fulfil this aim. These include:
- Preparing a catalogue of local historian Miss Dannett's research papers
- Developing an annual programme of local town and village history walks
- Researching information for local history talks that will be shared with the Society
- Campaign for the provision of a Museum / Heritage Centre in the town
- Research material for publications on 'Pubs & Inns in Bicester' and a history of the origins of local 'Street Names' in the town
- Producing a new Town Trail leaflet
We welcome any volunteers who would like to help develop these projects or who have projects relating to their own interests. Please contact us if you would like to help in any way.